Thursday, September 3, 2009

We won't have to drive too far, just 'cross the border and into the city

Driving adventure of the day: trying to find a nearby Bank of America. My GPS said it was only "1.6 miles" away." 1.6 miles turned into 25 minutes, and her re-caluculating about a dozen times and me driving on the same road 9 different times going in each direction, followed by me, going in circles. Sometimes when I look at the GPS screen, I just laugh. The highlighted route often looks like a bowl of spaghetti with winding roads, clover leafs, and jughandles. It's no wonder I'm always getting lost! I'm not sure how long it's going to take me to "get" the roads and highway system in New Jersey, but I'm definitely nowhere close. Dad, on the other hand, mastered it in a week. He is the one giving me driving directions and suggested routes over the phone, from Florida.  He has an obvious propensity for anything related to driving and directions. Unfortunately, I didn't inherit this quality. 

2 comments:

  1. They should seriously offer courses in College for the directionally challenged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dad is the most amazing navigator I've ever known!!

    ReplyDelete