Saturday, September 5, 2009

The more you look, the less you see...

Things that make me happy [right now]

- Taco Bell less than 5 minutes from my apartment
- 3-way light bulbs
- Criminal Minds marathons on A&E
- Getting to see the sunset/skyline each night from my apartment windows
- Knowing how to get to and from campus without my GPS (and in the dark)
- Being surrounded by people who can intelligently discuss politics
- Wegmans- the most amazing grocery store you will ever know
- Wegmans' blueberry muffins (they're the kind with sugar on top)
- Temperatures in the 70's in September (3 months earlier than Florida)
- Imogen Heap, sweet, sweet music
- Shoe stores with 4 aisles of boots, instead of flip flops
- Ulta eyeshadows
- Avocados and tomatoes* (with mayo)
- My new 'X' and 'O' earrings (one 'X' and one 'O')

* How I went from hating tomatoes, to loving them is a mystery to me. I, for 20+ years absolutely refused to eat them, except in pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce. Mom tried hiding them in her dishes, but it never worked. She really wanted me to like tomatoes. I'm sure the texture is what turned me off. I still don't like their mooshy centers (that's why Grape tomatoes are great), I scoop it out with a spoon, but I've been eating tomatoes more and more lately. Great meal: scrambled eggs, slices of tomatoes and avocados with mayo. Add a few slices of cheese, and the meal is golden. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm SO happy you are blogging frequently. It feels like you aren't so far away =) Love you much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you not just in "weather heaven" right now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Avocados, tomatoes, and mayo are one of my favorite things. We definitely have mom's persistence to thank for our late love of the 'mooshy' veggies.

    ReplyDelete