Saturday, September 19, 2009

Be still my heart.

A vintage typewriter has been on my wish list for years. I have searched for the perfect one, but alas, have not found her yet (at least not one I could buy). I found a number of black vintage typewriters at flea markets, vintage stores, and an antique fair in Mount Dora last year. For some time, I thought I wanted an aqua typewriter, but have recently changed my mind. Now, my heart is set on this beauty... 

Truly, it was love at first site.  A seller on Etsy, PoeticHome has some fantastic vintage typewriters (she sold the one above a few weeks ago). She has 1950's typewriters in every color you could ever want (like retro red)- she even has had typewriters that type cursive. Unfortunately, she is way out of my price range. Her typewriters range from $250-600. And of course, the ones I love are in the $500-range. Like a bee to honey. Always. I have expensive taste, just like my mother. 

But, o how I love thee. 

1 comment: