Sunday, May 31, 2009

Carlisle was right.


I arrived home tonight after the MTV awards aired. I promptly checked my e-mails this evening expecting that one of my Twi-hard friends would send me a link to the New Moon trailer. I knew the trailer would be shown for the first time tonight, but missed it. My friend did not disappoint- Smash sent me the link. OME! Over the past several months, I've convinced myself that I wasn't nearly as excited about the release of New Moon, not nearly as excited as I was for Twilight. This is because 1.) Twilight is by far my favorite book, 2.) Edward is missing from over half of New Moon (the reason for my reading the series in the first place), and 3.) the movie Twilight did NOT impress me, so my expectations for New Moon have been seriously lowered. Let me tell you, after watching the trailer for New Moon, my thoughts have taken a complete 360. Really. That feeling I got when watching Edward in Twilight has returned (even despite the utter cheesiness of some of the scenes, special effects, and music in the first movie). The butterflies and breathlessness...back! I'm not sure how this is possible, but Edward seems even more beautiful and irresistible than before. And if that weren't enough, now we have Jacob as eye candy. His bod is smokin' hot in New Moon. Loved that scene with Jasper- very intense, and the expression on Edward's face. The pain. It's palatable. I loved seeing Laurent again. His character is fantastic, and he did so well with him in Twilight. I'm still weary about the transformation scenes. I wasn't impressed with what I saw in the trailer, but I'm also at a loss as to how they could make it any better? After browsing through still shots of Stewart and Pattinson during the filming of their scene in Italy (when Edward is about to expose himself to the sunlight) and watching the trailer, I can already recognize that their is more passion between the two of them. This is something that was lacking in Twilight, and I only hope that this isn't a fluke, and they are more passionate in New Moon. They have to be!

I don't want to jump to too many premature conclusions, but I think I love this new director. I only hope (and pray) that the movie lives up to this less than 2 minute movie trailer. Can't wait to see the next new trailer, but until then, enjoy. 

3 comments:

  1. Honestly, I liked the trailer and the promise it shows. Regardless of the bitches and moans ppl are already sharing, it is a VAST improvement from the first movie - and we've only seen a snippet! I think the Birthday Party scene is going to be AWESOME - very well done, as far as I can see. I have some quips about when Edward leaves (he is supposed to be devoid of emotion and a little 'harsh' in the moment). I think Jake is smokin hot - the Wolf Pack is going to provide some much anticipated eye candy!! I liked the wolf transformation, but a lot of people are complaining at the way it was done. Personally, I think it looks fine. they way SM describes, it is instantaneous - a 'poof'. The wolf looks good but a bit cartoony. Hopefully Weitz will steer a bit clear of the Golden Compass look. HOWEVER - I screamed when Jake transformed! Scared the shit out of my cats and Todd came running! LOL! I really wasn't expecting them to reveal the transformation yet, or even at all. SO EXCITED! (P.S. Won't be home to see it opening weekend, you won't be in town anyway though, right? Will you be home for Thanksgiving?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am psyched! Cannot wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are these Italy stills you speak of? Forward please =)

    ReplyDelete