Thursday, May 14, 2009

I'll leave when the wind blows.

I arrived home around 12:30 am, too early for me, but late for Ashley. As soon as I walked through the front door I saw mom go and wake dad up. Then, I was met with pink balloons everywhere and pink streamers draped across our family room, just like it was for my 13th birthday party. Mom and dad came out in Rutgers t-shirts (courtesy of Ashley). They looked so proud. On the bar was a box of my absolute favorite cupcakes (and favorite dessert) from a local place up the street. They make a special icing called, Whippy Dip. To. Die. For. I sat down and opened gifts next. Yes, by then, it was almost 1 am. Mom gave me some wonderful things for my future apartment and some things for my kitchen (although I do not foresee spending much time in my kitchen). Dad and mom also got me the Mack Daddy of GPS devices available. Dad picked me out a Garmin with voice activated navigation. This was really important to dad, as now, I won't have to take my hands off the steering wheel to enter in a location. With Bluetooth technology, I can just say the location and wa-lah! Very exciting. On my "To Do" list: read the manual (not a fun part) before I move to Philly. 



2 comments:

  1. Voice activated! BRILLIANT! You really needed one of those. Long time ago. :)

    Congrats sweets! Once again, I am SO excited/scared/happy/anxious/proud/envious for/of you!!!!!!*hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. OME! We have almost identical titles for our last bog entries....creepy.

    ReplyDelete