Thursday, May 14, 2009

Counting on the night for a beautiful day.


Today, I turned 23. What will my 23rd year bring? For one, it brings the start of graduate school, at a new school, and living in a different state. For the first time, I'll live more than two hours from my family.  My new journey beginning this fall will force me to grow up very quickly and gain the ability to live a life separate and independent from my parents. 

My day started with lunch with an old friend from high school. It has been a few years since I saw Laura last and it was great seeing her. I also got to meet her daughter, Madison. She was so cute, and at the age where everything is still new and exciting.  

I had to work on my birthday. Boo. But after, met my sister at Acopolis, a very yummy greek restaurant in Tampa. For my birthday, she and John got me an old, white metal dental cabinet from an antique store in Mount Dora. I pointed it out back in March and made it no secret that I wanted it. She, of course, told me when John went back, it was gone. She's so sneaky. He bought it that day, and I was thrilled when I opened a manila envelope with a picture of the cabinet on it. It's from the 50's and I plan to use it to store my scrapbooking supplies. Perfect! She also gave me some art from this artist.  Love her work, and I plan to buy more and have a wall with several of her pieces. Her artwork is even more vibrant and colorful in person. I was so pleased. Acropolis turned into a night club around 10:30. Very cool with a live DJ. I thought it was great, Ash, on the other hand, wanted to leave. She's an oldie. Some wonderful treats for dessert and for the eyes too. (;

Next post, for the rest of my evening. 

 

2 comments:

  1. Never have seen Yellena's art before today but LOVE! It's SO you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am getting older, but so not an oldie!! Just to set the record straight, I did have to work the next day and I wasn't really prepared for the transition to night club. Was REALLY happy to spend part of your 23rd birthday with you! LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete