Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Today...

...was a day to remember. A day I will describe to my children, and their children. A historical and monumental day. A day, I am proud to have witnessed. And proud to have taken part in. Truth be told, many were unsure we would ever see this day, at least, not in our immediate future. I am filled with so many emotions and look with anticipation for what the next 4 (or 8) years  will bring. What we want: change. Progress. And a renewed sense of hope and enthusiasm for our country which has been lost these past few years. Thank you, America. We made the right choice. 

Obama's inaugural address was poetic, poignant, profound (ha, 3 p's). It was well-written, and of course, well-spoken as I have always thought Obama a great orator. I'm glad that he kept his speech realistic, reminding us that the road to recovery and improvement is a long one. 

"Today I say to you that the challenges we face are real. They are serious and they are many.

They will not be met easily or in a short span of time. But know this, America - they will be met
."

I hope that Americans remember this and most importantly, remember the "change" Obama often speaks of will not happen overnight. It's unlikely that it will even happen in his first year in office. Obama has a huge mess to clean up- one that has accumulated over the past 8 years. (Again, thank you, Bush). So, with that being said, I do hope our new President will usher in change. Although, I expect nothing less. I see good things for the coming years...

I saw this picture on my friend, Jen's blog. Quite funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment