Wednesday, January 7, 2009

KnK Projects

Here are my creations for Kit n' Kaboodles for the month of January. I received February's kit in the mail yesterday. Can I just say, WOW! It's my favorite by far, and Gerri-anne's best. She did a great job and I can't wait to start creating- it's such a "me" kit. 

I *finally* used some of my new Tim Holtz distressed stickles in red on the chipboard key.

Flowers are backed with small, wood medallions I purchased from Michaels. I was able to use my Crop-a-Dile to punch holes in the middle for the pipe cleaners. On most of the flowers, I had to use 2 pipe cleaners to support the weight of the flowers.

I purchased a simple terra-cotta pot at Michaels for $1. I painted it with one coat of black, outdoor paint. I used a piece of foam used for making floral arrangements, cut it down to size with a knife, and put it in the pot. The pipe cleaners slid into the foam easily.




Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. OK, I'll try this again....

    These projects are incrediable Amanda! Some great inspiration here (I LOVE how you stepped out of the box).

    Proud to say that I know you...

    Love ya,
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dee!

    Thank you! I thought it would be a nice change to try something other than a layout. Funny thing, 30 years ago my mom worked at a Boutique and made 100's of flowers like the ones I made for KnK this month. She had never told me until after she saw me making these- I guess great minds think alike. :)

    You should try a project similar to my flower pot. You can put the flowers in anything- a vase, pot, watering can. Options are endless. It's a great gift idea. Perhaps next time I come over, you can work on that and I can work on a Utee frame. We can help each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 12x12 page! If I saw that anywhere I'd know it was yours. Did you cut the swirl by hand? I'm going to try to case this one. I rarely have just one picture for a page but we'll see how close I can get. You know I love your work and I love you more!

    ReplyDelete