Monday, January 12, 2009

Saturday Recap

Saturday was a good day. I was on call, but much to my relief, at 11 am I found out I would not have to go in to work. So, in place of having to work I decided to drive to St.Pete for an all day crop at Whim So Doodle. I've been to several of their Friday night crops, but never an all day one. It was splendid. I love hanging with Jen and Stacey. They're a funny duo and host the all day Saturday crops (now, they won't be able to get rid of me). I had a great time chatting/eating/scrapping/eating...Jen is quite the cook! I was pleasantly surprised to find Jan at the crop. She formally introduced me to her son, James who asked his mom to give me his phone number after he left. He also requested she not do it around all the other ladies. Haha. It was cute.

I was able to work on the prototype for an April class I will be teaching at Whims. It's a door hanging using Basic Grey's Urban Prairie line. It's rustic and raw with exposed corrugated cardboard and I distressed the edges with some Making Memories paint. I added some Pink Paislee Pixee dust and some beads and wa-la! Makes an *almost* finished project. My only concern is, I'm not sure how receptive the public will be to my using cardboard as a base for the project. It's a little odd and off the wall. My hope was to do something unique that people may not see too often. I hope people can appreciate it enough to try my class! 

1 comment:

  1. Well, as you already know....I WILL be there for your class! I LOVED the one I saw at Christmas time and know that I will love this one too.

    ReplyDelete