Monday, August 31, 2009

I want to run in fields, paint the kitchen, and love someone.

Today I managed to turn finding a store which was only "1.8 miles away" into a 25 minute venture, only to discover, much to my frustration that the store was no longer there. It had moved. So, 20 minutes later, and re-routing my Garmin, I found another one. So, 1.8 miles turned into 45 minutes and a fair amount of shouting at my Garmin (and "recalculating" echoing in my car). She and I have a love-hate relationship. I'm not sure if she should know this or not, but for the most part, YOU CAN'T MAKE LEFT TURNS IN NEW JERSEY! And she's constantly telling me to do just that. Only in cases where a "jughandle" is not possible can you usually make a left turn. 

While I was out, I bought some cashmere leg warmers. Definitely something I would never have a use for in Florida.

I think I'm going to keep a collection of pictures of Philly sunsets. On the clear nights, they are some of the most gorgeous sunsets I've ever seen. I get such a wonderful perspective from my 7th floor windows. Skies of purple, reds, and pink. I already have some breathtaking shots. 

Completely unrelated, I truly LOVE Imogen Heap. One of my favorite songs ever is, Hide and Seek. A friend once had it as his ring tone for me- perfect. I really *need* their new album, Ellipse. Every song I've listened to from the album is fantastic. I also love her with Frou Frou. I had no idea they were one and the same until recently. Her music takes me away. And I love that. Her voice. The lyrics. Her style. Love. Love. Love.

One of her new songs, Wait It Out:

And sit here cold? 
Look, you'll be long gone by then. 
And lackluster in dust we lay 
'round old magazines. 
Fluorescent lighting sets the scene 
for all we could and should being 
in the one life that we've got. 


Today's high was 75. It was wonderful. And cool. Not at all like Florida.  

No comments:

Post a Comment