Monday, August 24, 2009

Picture perfect memories, scattered all around the floor.

My bed was delivered Thursday morning. It's not what you would call a "simple" bed. Of course, being the type of person I am, I had to pick an elaborate and grand bed. It's a 4-poster canopy bed. What I love most is it can be configured into 3 different beds (a bed with just a headboard and footboard, a 4-poster bed, or a canopy bed). Again, perfect for me, because my taste is always changing. The guys who delivered it took 25 minutes to assemble it, and that was without the 3 cross-beams which I didn't have installed because my fan was in the way. Had we bought the bed in Florida and assembled it ourselves (as in my dad), it would have probably taken us 2-3 hours! 

My bedroom is really coming together. I love my dressers. They were my grandmother's and I spent several (long and frustrating) weeks refinishing, priming, painting, and poly-ing them. The outcome, for my very first time painting or refinishing anything, was pretty good. I LOVE the color I picked, a flat black, but not a dark black. It's amazing the number of shades of black that actually exist. The only problem- I spent all my energy and brain cells priming, painting, and poly-ing, that I failed to consider how much thicker each new layer would make my drawers. And now, they won't close. I was pretty devastated. I thought with some sanding, my problem would be solved, but no such luck. Until I (my dad) finds a solution, my drawers remain semi-open. 

I will be posting pictures of my place as things get finished. My living room won't be done for awhile, as I don't have a couch and won't for several months. It's definitely an investment piece and I will not be going "simple" on that either. My bathroom is almost done, as is my bedroom and kitchen. This is what I love- decorating, creating, manipulating, organizing- everything the way I want it. It's wonderful. It's therapeutic. Tweaking, rearranging, perfecting. I made my father absolutely crazy hanging pictures Saturday. I'm very particular and noticed when pictures were off even a millimeter...surprised? Anyone who knows me won't be. 

4 comments:

  1. Not surprised! :) The bed is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bed Sweetie! Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. American Signature. They have some really nice things. I saw the bed a year ago.

    ReplyDelete