Monday, December 15, 2008

My "Dee Time"

I had a wonderful Sunday evening and Monday. After work Sunday, I headed to Dee's for the first time, in Venice. The drive was quick and painless and now that I know how easy it is, I plan to visit more often. ;) I was thrilled to finally meet the much-talked about JD and all her wonderful/playful/crazy/"sassy" pups. They are a trip to watch. And 68 pictures later-yes, I got a little camera-crazy. Of course, Dee and JD welcomed me with open arms, and treated me as much more than just another houseguest. I felt such a comfort in their home. Monday was our lazy day, spent chatting and eating with music, picture-taking, and a little scrapping (although, not enough). The night crept up on us far too quickly, but I stayed up later to scrap.

We headed over to Dee's thrift store early Tuesday morning and then I hit the road at 1:30 and drove to St. Pete to see Jen at Whim so doodle. We discussed different things related to their Design Team as well as teaching at the doodle. We also started planning my first class, which will be in February! It will be the class I taught at the MS Crop for Hope, and you can find the canvas at the store. It should be displayed soon. Thanks Jen for all your help and information, I am so looking forward to joining your wonderful team at the doodle! I had the great pleasure of meeting Jo and we were at WSD until 9:30 prepping for some other classes I plan to teach (of course, all still in the planning stages). Jo couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating. Everything is so overwhelming right now, and she was so patient with me- especially considering I picked out supplies and papers for 5 different classes. Eeck!  Hopefully me being so ambitious won't backfire on me.

Below are pictures of the altered frame I made for Dee for Christmas. Her favorite color is purple, so I thought it fitting to use Basic Grey's, Eva line. I hand cut the bird out and the frame is a wood frame from Michaels. And Dee, I will sign in, I promise!



4 comments:

  1. LOL @ that text. WTF?

    The frame is beautiful. And Congrats on the Whim-so-doodle gig! Maybe I can come up that weekend...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you again Amanda for such a heartfelt lovely gift! I love it more then you can ever imagine!!

    "Treated you as much more then a house guest" That my dear is because you are so much more to me then just a house guest!

    I had a fabulous time Amanda. I hope you can make it down in two weeks for the crop.

    Love you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This frame is beautiful and I can't wait to see it in person. I'm so glad you are finally ... FINALLY ... being recognized for the great talent that you are. We all love you. We all look up to you. We all wish we had one fragment of your talent and could see what you see when you look at all the patterns. Have a great Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda
    It was so much fun having you here this last weekend and finally meeting you. Denita has told me many times just how special you are to her and how I would just love you once I met you. Well she was right, I think your something very special. I know everybody has mentioned your talent and I do agree you have got talent, but what I see goes way beyond your talent. I see the most beautiful soul and a very beautiful person not to mention your very cute. Babe forgive me...LOL Can't wait til your next visit.

    JD

    ReplyDelete