Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Survey

I found this on Dee's blog (see Dee, I do read it!)...

1. Which holiday movies are on your ‘must see’ list every year?

I love Miracle on 34th Street.

2. Which holiday movie will you NOT watch, under any circumstances, including torture?

A Christmas Story.

3. What is your favorite Christmas song?

Carol of the Bells, Mary, Did You Know?, and anything by Mannheim Steamroller or Tran- Siberian Orchestra. 

4. Which Christmas song sets your teeth on edge?

Not sure...

5. What is your favorite thing about the Christmas season?

Christmas music, Christmas decorations/the lights, hustle and bustle of the season, the chance to give gifts to others I love and also, getting to spend (extra) time with friends and family.

6. What is your Christmas peeve?

The traffic and being able to wear shorts on Christmas (I hate Florida weather-- we have no winter!)

7. What food item do you grab as soon as you see it because it’s only available during this time of year?

I love egg nog.

8. What ‘traditional’ holiday food do you detest?

Fruitcake.

9. Stocking gifts: Wrapped or unwrapped?

Unwrapped

10. Christmas presents: One at a time, free-for-all or something in between?

One at a time. I want to see what everyone gets and be able to watch family unwrap my gifts to them.

11. What holiday icon is on top of your tree?

The 'rents have an almost 2 foot angel atop their 12 foot tree.

12. To and From: Do you buy your tags? Make them yourself? Write with a magic marker? How do you ‘label’ your gifts?

I cut a strip of the wrapping paper I used and fold it in half. Then, I write the To and From inside.

13. What items should NEVER be considered a Christmas present?

I'm not sure? Dee said any cleaning products, but I personally would like a Dyson Vacuum cleaner as a present. 

14. What tradition is followed every year at your house?

We open at least one gift on Christmas Eve.

15. What’s on YOUR list to Santa this year?

A bed set I've been eyeing at Pottery Barn, a purse, $$ for the winter sale at Pottery Barn, and gift certificates are always on my list.  I often know most of what I'm getting for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment