Thursday, December 25, 2008

Happy Christmas!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday, spent with family and friends, filled with laughter. The chance to spend time with loved ones is one of my favorite parts of the holiday season. My sister came over in the am on Christmas day. We spent a couple hours unwrapping presents (yes, you read correctly). We like I like for us to take our time and truly savor gift-giving. I spend a lot of time, effort, and thought on the gifts I give my family and friends. Because of this, I hate to rush. I have gotten better through the years and have learned to compromise-- trying not to draw out the process too long. Santa was certainly good to me this year. I will post pictures soon. 

We ended our evening with a trip to the movie theater to see Marley & Me. There are a number of movies in the theater now that I would like to see, but I thought Marley & Me looked like a good Christmas movie. What a great movie it was. Truly a sweet story, and you couldn't help but fall in love with Marley. And so funny! I laughed throughout the entire film and I cried like a baby. But I was not alone. Mom and Ashley were blubbering too, as well as every female around me.  I even saw some guys shedding a few tears. What I liked best about the movie was that almost everyone who has had a pet or has a pet can relate to the story. It was real and wasn't flashy or forced. And more importantly, it wasn't "Hollywood." It was down to earth and very true to the way people live, including the trials and tribulations which come with having a dog, a child, or multiple children. I would recommend this movie to anyone. You must go see it!

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to see this movie. Glad you got to see it Amanda. Be sure to update right away about what Santa brought you!

    Love you....
    Denita

    P.S. I had tried leaving you a really long comment on your previous post awhile back but because I am such a moron on how to leave my typepad link that it was erased....ugg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got tears in my eyes just thinking about this flick. I blubbered through the entire 2nd half of the book. It struck home b/c of Snowbear, and there is no doubt that all pet owners can relate. You should really read the book. The writer is fantastic! http://www.johngroganbooks.com/marley/index.html

    I think Mom, Todd and I ware going to see this - it is a must!

    ReplyDelete