Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving this year was a departure from the norm. Usually, it's just my parents, sister, and I. Most of my family live in Texas and Wisconsin so Thanksgiving is small and quiet in our household. And that is what I'm used to. My sister got married in July, so she decided she would have Thanksgiving at her and John's place for a change. Interestingly enough, it started out as a small gathering- my parents, me, my sister, John and his mom and one of his sisters. As Thanksgiving drew nearer, the guest list grew longer. In the end, the final number was 14! Excited, I welcomed the change and all the people. Ash and John cooked the turkey, ham, and some other sides and the rest of the guests were responsible for a few dishes each. John's sister brought one of my favorite desserts (one I first tried years ago when we had Thanksgiving at John's mom's house), a pumpkin, cream cheese loaf. It was delicious! There was so much food. I filled up on sides since I'm not a fan of turkey or ham. My sister and her husband did a great job and they were wonderful hosts. The food was fantastic! Ash gave her dog, a chocolate lab named Camo, a bone the size of my yorkie. Watching him drag that thing around the house was so comical! He kept hitting peoples' knees (mine included) and walls and door frames with the bone. Here are some pictures from the special day.





This is what Ash and John do when they're home alone.

John doing what he does best- making me laugh.

Sisters <3

Mom and I

Camo with his new bone!

2 comments:

  1. Hey sweetheart!

    Just so you know I wrote a long comment the other day here and thanks to blogger and me being an idiot...ugg, it was gone before I knew it, poof!!! I hate the way blogger makes you select a profile. Yours paticularly (is that a word?) LOL

    You look great. Love ya bunches...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!!!!!!!!! It actually worked this time...

    ReplyDelete