Thursday, November 13, 2008

MS Crop for Hope- Part II

Big news! Here's the scoop. The very talented Jen, once, "Maven Jen," who now works at Whim So Doodle and also teaches classes and has a whole grocery list of other responsibilities at the store, and I had a very pleasant and lengthy conversation Saturday night. If you're a scrapbooker you know we like to talk, and boy did we ever til the wee hours of the morning.

Whim So Doodle was the crop's on-site store this weekend and I was thrilled! I love that store and I knew they would bring some wonderful goodies for us to ooogle at. Of course, I found some things I just couldn't live without- some Sassafras Lass paper and new KI sheer delights. Ok, I'm getting off course here. Everyone who saw the fished canvases from my class commented on how much they loved them and word started to spread. Over dinner Saturday night, Dee, Dawn, Stacey, Jen, and I were sitting together and chatting. My canvas was displayed prominently in the center of the table while Dee continued to work diligently on her own. Amidst our conversation Jen asked me if I would be interested in teaching my canvas class at Whim So Doodle. Of course, I said yes. I mean, after all, it is Whim So Doodle- one of the best stores in the area. Well, I read Jen's question as simply referring to teaching my canvas class and nothing more. Several hours later and some clarification from Jen I learned that she was not only asking me to teach one class at Whims, but instead, was asking me if I would be interested in being a teacher at Whims. How cool is that? So, following a tutorial of all things related to teaching at the Doodle, I will start planning my 2nd and 3rd classes. I have some things in mind, but it will all depend on what I see in the store. I haven't been since just before the WSD train trip in April. Eeeck! I know they will have some great things for me to work with. It's easy to create greatness when you're presented with great products to work with. I will also be on the Doodle's design team. It will be so cool to have some of my work displayed in the store for everyone (and they have an extremely wide customer base) to see.

I'm pretty giddy about it all.

1 comment:

  1. I am certainly glad that I was able to "clarify" that for you. What a fabulous opportunity for you and for them. You are ONE extremely talented scrapper and it is obvious that you are finally comfy with sharing your greatness. CONGRATS Miss Amanda. You will do them proud I am certain.

    ReplyDelete