Monday, November 10, 2008

MIA and KnK

Back by popular demand...me! I know, I know, I've been a horrible blogger lately. To the few who actually read my blog, sorry I've been missing in action. Life has been quite busy on my end with the grand opening of a new Pottery Barn, the MS Crop for Hope this past weekend, DT assignments, and preparing to teach my first scrapbooking class- ever! With the crop and my canvas class behind me, I can take a breath, but only for a moment. These next few months will be crazy-busy, with the holidays quickly approaching, PB packed with holiday shoppers, some new DT assignments (stay tuned for some creations with new Tim Holtz products and KnK's December kit) and a few other things that I'll be talking about in a later blog. *tease-tease*

So much has happened since my last entry. I think I should start with what, in my view, is the most important. The election of a new president. What a monumental event it was- it will go down in history and I am thrilled I am at an age where I could participate in making the election of Obama possible. First ever black president. McCain would have been the oldest president and Palin the first female Vice President. A time of many firsts this was. It is still quite surreal for me. Each morning I wake up and I'm amazed at the outcome, but o so pleased. What a relief. He will usher in change and that is what our country needs. And although it will be a long and diffiult process, with Obama and his remarkable staff and support system, it will be possible. Yes we can! I plan to read one of Obama's books, The Audacity of Hope, soon. I would love to learn more about him and I think it's important. He's dynamic, intelligent, well spoken and a man with a strong sense of integrity, morals and respect. It's no secret that politicians can be manipulative and deceitful and make it almost impossible for us to trust them, but Obama played the game fair and tried to avoid playing dirty like some...January can't come soon enough.

Since my last entry, I have been crowned an official member of KnK's design team! I had a lot of fun with November's kit, especially considering Gerri-anne included some papers from one of my new favorite lines, October Afternoon. Below, you can see the layouts I created with the kit.





No comments:

Post a Comment