Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A willow deeply scarred, somebody's broken heart.

Manayunk is such a great town. If not for the fact that it's located outside of Philly, which would mean a 20 minute commute and $4 toll to drive to school, I would be living there right now. It's an old, artsy town with a lot of character. The houses are very European and remind me of Germany. Main Street is like the name, the main street in town. It has over 20 restaurants with little boutiques, shops, antique stores, etc. The place practically screams my name. It's so the type of place I see myself living one day. And it's not "the city" either. The streets are lined with tables and chairs where locals sit with their dogs and enjoy long lunches and leisurely dinners. The evenings and weekends in Manayunk are always bustling with laughter and chatter- wonderful scents permeating through the air. Below are some pictures I took of a stone church located on one of the side streets in town. It's a huge church, taking up an entire block. It's very old and majestic looking. There is a cemetery on the grounds and for some reason, I find myself intrigued by it. Not a normal reaction, I suppose. It's guarded by a tall, black iron fence, making it impossible to explore any further than my camera lens will take me.






3 comments:

  1. GRRR...I wrote a whole comment and it's not here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It went something like this...
    Little known fact about me: One of the things I miss most about NY is all of the local Gothic churches. Basically, I could walk ten minutes in any direction and find a church like the one in your photos. Sometimes I find myself wishing I was home just so that I could take a walk (especially in the autumn season) and visit my favorite church. I'd love to be able to sit in the back row and think. Very peaceful...or creepy...whichever way you like it =)

    ReplyDelete