Friday, October 30, 2009

And I do believe it’s true, that there are roads left in both of our shoes

I love people who take chances when it comes to fashion. There are way too many cookie-cutter looks out there. I wish I had more time to consider my outfits these days. Regardless, I have tried to maintain my flair- whether it's wearing my leopard print ballet flats as I did today, or wearing a bohemian inspired wide bracelet, a golfball-size turquoise ring, or carrying a plum colored handbag. There is no doubt, dressing is much more exciting now that I'm in a cold climate. I love winter clothes so much more than summer clothes. There is more room for experimentation, cool layering pieces, a wide array of textures, etc. I love coats and scarves. Hats work great with my short hair. And boots- be still my heart. Dad got me a pair of burberry rain boots after my first visit to Philly when it rained for 3 of the 5 days we were here. Best. Purchase. Ever. The Philadelphia weather has managed to break my long loved, leopard umbrella. But, it will not destroy my mushroom umbrella- it's much hardier. Below is a website (courtesy of my friend, Smash), that I love. It has some great inspiration and I'm hoping to start applying some of my favorite looks from the site in my own day-to-day outfits. My life right now consists of little more than school, reading, working, data analysis, and sleeping. I need to try to infuse into my world a few of my loves to maintain my sanity. Otherwise, graduate school will get very old, very quickly.

The shoes some of these girls have are amazing: http://weardrobe.com/featured

2 comments:

  1. I do expect to see you on this site soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need photos of YOU in all your cuteness! Oh! I am going next week to do the short "do" thing. My hair looks yucky under hats. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete