Saturday, March 13, 2010

Shades of grey.

Changes.

I remember hating turtleneck sweaters. Now, I love them.

I remember refusing to wear the color navy blue. No matter how much my mom tried to get me to wear it, I wouldn't. I don't know what I associated the color navy with, but whatever it was, it wasn't good. Navy blue was "bad." Now, I can't get enough of it. I wear it all the time. That, and grey. And black, always. I think I'm truly turning into a "northerner."

For over 20 years of my life, there is no food I disliked more than tomatoes. I wouldn't eat them. I picked them out of everything. About 2 years ago, I woke up one morning and decided I liked tomatoes. And now, one of my favorite snacks is slices of tomatoes with mayo, salt and pepper. I love them on my sandwiches and burgers especially. Still can't stomach the really slimy and mushy ones, but they are no longer on my "foods I won't eat" list.

I stopped drinking soda after undergrad. The transition to no soda wasn't gradual. The less I drank, the more I realized I could live without it. And without it, I feel, I'm healthier. I've read, a soda a day can result in a 15 pound weight gain over a period of a year. Although, I am sure this is not true for everyone...

I try to eat yogurt a couple times a week. I never used to.

I don't like coffee. I can't seem to acquire a taste for it. But, I do like McDonald's iced coffee. Not sure why. And I love Java Monster's, Mocha Loca and Mean Bean. I also have my Starbucks drinks I can't live without, Chai Latte and White Chocolate Mocha. Perhaps (it seems) I'm slowly acquiring a taste for coffee.

...I still don't like wine (some things haven't changed).

4 comments:

  1. I don't like wine either. :)

    And, not to down your soda choice (b/c I think it;s great you don't drink it!) but drinking those coffee drinks is no better, sugar-wise. :)

    Change is good Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True! It's a good thing I don't drink them daily....they're a special treat once or twice a week (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I truly enjoyed reading this post. ;)
    It's funny how our tates/style changes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must say your reference to tomatoes completely resonated with me! I never liked them, but could eat tomatoes every day all day long. And everyone I meet thinks tomatoes and mayo is gross, must be a mom thing. I love it that way too!

    I'm still holding out hope you will someday acquire the taste for wine... red or white! :p

    ReplyDelete