Thursday, March 25, 2010

Have you any idea why a raven is like a writing desk? ♥

I truly loved this movie. After hearing mixed reviews, I became worried. I've been anticipating the release of the movie for almost a year. How could you not? It has JD as the Mad Hatter! I'm a huge, HUGE fan of Johnny Depp and will forever jump at the chance to see him in a crazy, off-the-wall, and twisted role. After seeing the movie, I can say there really is no veracity to the negative reviews I had heard. The movie was intriguing, enchanting, magical, funny (in a bizarre sort of way), imaginative (of course, it's Tim Burton!), compelling, and dark. It was wonderful. And Depp had me smiling the whole movie. Loved the Queen with her abnormally large head too. I'm so glad I saw the movie in IMAX 3D. It's always a great experience. Like Avatar, seeing it on the big screen is a must.

2 comments:

  1. You can't go wrong when JD and Burton are involved. It's impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Johnny Depp can do no wrong in my eyes - especially when he, Burton and Elfman are together! I STILL haven't seen it yet, but I cannot wait! Glad you enjoyed seeing it and gave it a chance despite the mixed reviews.

    ReplyDelete