Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The restless heart, the Promised Land. A subtle kiss that no one sees.

My spring break officially begins tonight at 8:41 pm. Although, over the next week, I still will be working (is it really a break then?). And, I'm sick. Sicker than I have been in a long time. I knew it was coming. I get sick when I'm stressed. My immune system is down, and inevitably, I get the dreaded cold. The unfortunate thing about the "common cold" is, there is not much you can do to get rid of it. I'm taking a number of things to try to lessen the symptoms and shorten the duration-- but regardless, I'm forced to passively wait for it to run its course. Hoping it doesn't overstay its welcome, infringing on my much anticipated spring break. I'm well aware that my spring break will not be nearly long enough to accommodate all the things I need and want to get done. The amount of school work I have would require a month, not a mere 7 days. I miss the days when a spring break was just that, a break. But not for me. I have a killer Grad Statistics midterm to work on, along with reading a number of thesis-related articles and an IRB application to write up. Realistically, all these things won't get done, unless I forego sleep completely. It would be nice if I could do some fun things like:

- See Alice in Wonderland
- Go to Picasso Exhibit at the Phila Museum of Art
- Visit Bryn Mawr
- Find a local scrapbooking store...because I haven't yet.
- Sleep in. (I did once, not enough)
- Go to the Reading Terminal Market in Philly
- Celebrate St. Patty's Day!

...we'll see how much of my list I actually accomplish. Something I haven't done since I moved here is scrapbook. For me, scrapbooking was my source of escape. My therapy. I've only completed one project since my move- a canvas for my mom for Christmas (I haven't posted pictures yet because I may submit it). This summer will be a great time for me to scrapbook. Of course, if I can find the time between work and my thesis (and possibly an internship). I'm determined to at least work on my (very patient) friend Smash's wedding album....she will be celebrating her 2nd anniversary this summer! Did I mention how very patient she is?

3 comments:

  1. TWO YEARS already! I can't believe it. :) I am very much looking forward to this album, but I know what your schedule is like. Your educations is far more important than my wedding album. My mom is the impatient one. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to get an update!
    you know what they say ... all work and no play makes life dull - or somethin like that. It's all about balance.
    I know you can do it.

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Balance for Amanda....not possible now!!!!...and YES Smash's patience and forebarence is a blessing to Amanda..ty Smash

    ReplyDelete