Friday, October 14, 2011

Questions

Questions I find myself asking quite regularly or just once.

When did people stop saying, "thank you?"
When did the world become Noah's Ark- everyone paired in 2's?
When did summer in Pennsylvania and Jersey start feeling like summers in Florida?
When did Americans decide it was ok to wish someone dead in cases where the justice system didn't hand down the decision they wanted or expected (e.g., Casey Anthony case)?
When did it become acceptable for a girl to wear a sports bra as a top to the movies?
When did promises stop being promises?
When people qualify a statement with "just kidding," how often do they actually mean it?
When people ask "how are you?," why don't they stick around to hear the answer?
Is alcohol really a truth serum?
Does Facebook perpetuate laziness?

Just a few to ponder...

2 comments:

  1. I find myself asking many of the same questions, especially #1, #2 and #6.

    Regarding #7: Watched an episode of the Dick Van Dyke Show (<3) that dealt with this very issue. IMO, that phrase is just a coward's way to insult while trying to avoid the consequences. Seriously, if you are going to insult me, don't add insult to injury by tacking on "just kidding."

    One of my questions: When did "I/We've been so busy" become the excuse for everything. What is everyone doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Deep thoughts from Ms. Dregne! Think this warrants a marathon conversation in the near future :).

    And my question... How do I resist using exclamation points in every post I make on the Internets? Ha!

    And a serious one... How do I stop feeling guilty about not being the person/ friend/family member everyone thinks/wants me to be?

    ReplyDelete