Wednesday, June 16, 2010

There's only enough for one in this lonely hotel suite.

Some of my happiest times are when I'm creating, arranging, and organizing in my apartment. I haven't been able to enjoy one of my favorite creative outlets, scrapbooking, since I moved up north. I don't really have a space conducive to scrapbooking or time to get everything out, take over an entire room (in my small apartment), only to put it all away at the end of the day. I'm hoping, later this summer, when my thesis proposal is complete, I can spend some time scrapping (Smash, you're album is #1 on my list). Plus, I could use the distraction and retreat.

Something I have been able to do, periodically, is work (although, I can hardly call it "work") on the design and decorative elements in my living room. It's small, especially now that I have a large, sectional sofa (chair, shelves, coffee table) taking up most of the space, but it works.

Below is the only scrapbooking project I've completed since I moved. A canvas for my mom for Christmas. She loves that picture of me. I used a number of different elements- tulle, a doily, flowers, pearls, bling, overlays. It was the epitome of femininity.



1 comment:

  1. OMG! You quoted Destiny and even have it playing on your blog! *be still my beating heart*

    As always, your pages are inspirationally phenomenal. I'm sure you mom loved this gift. :)

    ReplyDelete