Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Beginning

Through power of persuasion I have decided to start my own blog.  This will be a place where I can post my work in addition to providing an avenue for communicating with my scrapping buddies. 

Said by practically all of my scrapbooking and non-scrapbooking friends, apparently I need to start submitting my work.  Until now, I have used school as  an excuse, and a legitimate excuse it was. But, it is not the only reason I have chosen not to submit my work.  To put it plainly, it's frightening and no one likes rejection.  And with submitting work in such a massively popular and competitive arena, like scrapbooking, it's inevitable- a normal occurrence.  Nonetheless, as my dad often says, like winning the lotto, you can't win unless you buy a ticket. So with that, in order to be published (or have a chance of being published) I need to submit my work. Now that I've graduated from college, I think it's important that I start getting my pages out there for the world to see- whether it be on my blog, on a website, or in a magazine- I have to start somewhere. And so I begin.  Wish me luck. Your support and words of encouragement are so appreciated and have helped me lose sight of my stupid insecurities. 

Thank you all.

6 comments:

  1. Well ain't you snazzy! I don't have the ambition to make my page special. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job! It looks incredible, but I wouldn't expect any less from you. As I always am with your scrapbook pages, you've left me anxiously waiting for you to do more! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the world of blogging! Hats off for being so honest...your work is awesome, whether it gets published or not. HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am soooo proud of you. WOO HOO and of course, what a cutie pie you submitted, but i am not at all prejudice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom and Dad saved all of their talent to share with you, that's for sure! I'm so glad you decided to take the leap and create this blog to share with all of those who support and admire you. You underestimate your ability to go places with this gift you have!

    Scrap on, Sister! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo Amanda! You did it! I know how difficult it can be for an artist to display their work. I am so happy that you decided to post your fabulous pages and have no doubt that they will be well received. You have a true gift and your attention to detail is incredible! I'm behind you all that way!! Love You!

    ReplyDelete