Thursday, March 3, 2011

21 things.

21 things I learned in 2010 (+2 months in 2011).

1. I can't use chopsticks. No matter how hard I try.

2. I knew a puppy would be a lot of work. But I didn't know just how much work until I brought her home.

3. It's important to be as politically correct as possible. Burning bridges is not advisable.

4. There are people who are meant to be in your life and then there are those who are not. Focus your energy and emotion on those who clearly want to be.

5. I want to move around as much as possible, while it's still possible.

6. I'm having a love affair with cupcakes.

7. New Jersey is not where I plan to settle down.

8. I may never like wine.

9. Trans-Siberian orchestra was, by far, one of the best concerts I've ever experienced.

10. Confidence needs to come from within first (work in progress).

11. The only person you can count on is you. After all, you're the only person looking out for your best interests.

12. I need to focus more on things I have control over, and ignore those that I do not.

13. I do not miss living in a place that feels like summer 11 months out of the year.

14. But I do sometimes miss the sunshine.

15. ...not enough to move back south.

16. Getting a Masters is no joke.

17. I only (for the most part) watch dark and depressing crime/law dramas.

18. After bringing home Gizzie, I discovered, maybe I can be maternal. It's just buried deep, deep, deep down.

19. I need passion in my life again.

20. I CAN like martinis!

21. I wish life was more like the show Glee.

3 comments:

  1. #1. I am getting better and insist on using them whenever I have Chinese food as a way of practicing – my family makes fun of me.
    #12. I am working on that one too but it is SO difficult!
    #18. I think that sometimes because of Chanel and Nikko...then I realize that, in my case, that feeling does not extend to children.
    Miss you lots!! <3 C

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 - Oh Yes you can! Keep practicing. I'd like to eat everything with chopsticks if I could.
    #2 - Ha! Told you so...sorry. But YAY for you too! She'll be your 1st baby forever.
    #8 - Someday you will... just like tomatoes :)
    #10 - Work on this one sister...master it and the possibilities are endless. You have accomplished so much and continue to...
    #11 - Amen Sister!!!
    #13 - Ever heard of global warming? This year it has been more like 7 months of sunshine and hotness and 5 months of glorious coldness and wonderful mild'like weather. How about giving it another shot? It's still hot as hell everywhere else in the U.S. in the summer.

    Love you & love this post. Way to go sister! Am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is absolutely UNREAL to me to read this!!
    I think back to that tiny little girl who entered my life at age 7 and thought that she knew it ALL back then and it just makes me SMILE beyond belief.

    I continue to be awed by what an amazing young WOMAN u have become and the realization that we are always growing!!

    ReplyDelete