Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I see you.


You know, I didn't think I would see Avatar. It just wasn't a movie I thought I would be interested in (I was so wrong). I didn't watch the previews when they came on. I didn't listen to all the talk about the movie after it came out. But finally, after hearing only about a thousand times how amazing the movie was, how it took James Cameron 12 years to make, etc. etc. I decided I needed to go see it. I figured it would be a movie people would talk about for years and years after. And after seeing it, I know it will be. In my view, it was a cinematic masterpiece. It was beautiful. There was action. A love story. Death. Sorrow. War. Passion. Everything you could ever want or hope for in a movie. The whole experience was magical. I saw it in IMAX 3D and I'm so glad I did. It made the movie even more astounding. I came home and watched a clip on the Avatar website (see below). It made me wish to see the movie again, that very moment. And I probably will. It's worth the $12.50. Pandora was a breathtaking place. Sully's Avatar, breathtaking. His and Neytiri's love and lifelong bound, beautiful. I'm gushing, I know. But it's truly one of the most magnificent movies I've seen in my (short) life. No wonder it took James Cameron 12 years to make...


Official Avatar Movie

3 comments:

  1. Okay, well you've convinced me...now I just need someone to go with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Todd wasn't interested either. He thought it all looked very cheesy. After mom and I went the first time, I told him that he would not be disappointed, blah blah. He went with us a few days later and ended up really enjoying it (Duh!) I've explained to you my passion for it already - I am so glad you share it with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JD went with me and loved it as well!! We were both enamoured with the hidden story. Most definitely a feel good movie ; }

    I can't wait to see it again....

    Hope you are doing well. Miss our chats : {

    ReplyDelete