Thursday, November 19, 2009

Could it be love?

I know I'm a bit late in this realization, but I love Vampire Diaries. I haven't been able to watch it consistently as I have class Thursday evenings until 9. But, the two weeks where class has been cancelled (this Thursday being one), I was able to catch the show. At first, I was completely opposed to the idea of liking it because it felt much like Twilight. I was getting some serious deja vu. Later, I found out that the Vampire Diaries books were written pre-Twilight. It was then, that I could fully appreciate the show. Or is it Stefan who I truly appreciate? Probably more of the latter. Stefan is...beautiful. And his physique, even more so. And his brother, initially, I didn't like Damon. Mainly because he's the "bad" vamp. But, his cockiness and an ever-present air of arrogance is starting to grow on me. His good looks don't make it too difficult to like him. With that said, the show is still a little juvenile, a little high school, and predictable, but alas, I like it. Not everything in life needs to be overly thought-provoking. I have enough to think about with school. Sometimes a little eye candy and some vampires suffice.

Stefan



Dark. Pale. And handsome.

The brothers.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the overly thought provoking comment. Not everything has to tap our mental abilities. We need a little break, occasionally. And what better way to spend it than with beautiful vampires. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! I was resolved not to like the Vampire Diaries for a few reasons. First, it was the reason my beloved Smallville was getting bumped to Friday nights. Second it seemed just another vampire story. Like you, I did some research and found out that the vampire diaries were written first, so I decided to give it a chance. Also, I heard that Ian Sommerhalder was cast as Damon and I LOVED him when he was on the show “Lost” (the first 2 seasons, when it used to be a great show). Luckily, I have been able to watch every episode. I knew I was hooked as soon as I saw the pilot. I have the same weakness for the bad boys! The nastier Damon is, the more I love him!

    PS Ditto what Ashley wrote!
    P.P.S I was SO going to write a very similar post on my blog! Guess you beat me to it!

    ReplyDelete