Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Taken to the floor, with the reach to the sky...

My 4th of July celebration this year was very different from previous years. This year, I spent the holiday covered in mud. For anyone who knows me, this is pretty shocking. After all, I don't like to get dirty, or sweat, or do anything that requires me to get dirty and/or sweat. I am truly, a "girly girl." I surprised myself when I agreed to go 4-wheelin' (after a bit of persuading). 

I arrived at Allison's party and was met shortly after, with several guys riding in on their 4-wheelers, absolutely covered in mud, from head to toe. I was greeted by Brent, who said, "come on, let's go." I laughed and replied with, "I'm not doing anything that's going to make me look like that (as I pointed at him)." I vowed that I would not be going 4-wheelin'. Well...I did. After being asked several times to go, I caved. It did look like fun, dirt and all. So I changed my clothes (of course) and hopped on the back. The best part was the trail was extremely muddy because of all the rain (wait, did I just say that?), so lots of "puddles" to go through.  The plan was to drive all the way out to Valrico Rd., but we started running low on gas so had to turn back, but not before I got good and dirty. It was SO much fun. Much more than I had expected, and I can't wait to go again. Another surprise. 

Of course, my dad's reaction to my recounting the evening's events was, "I hope you wore a helmet." O, dad. Silly, silly. Grant it, my brother-in-law did break or sprain something a few years back on his 4-wheeler....a few pictures for your enjoyment. 
Me, before 4-wheelin' (mud courtesy of Brent)



Brent (AKA "Muddy")

Us: Falling off the back of the truck

And the rest, is history. (:

3 comments:

  1. Love it. Glad you experienced something different and the outcome was unexpected!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look cute...even covered in muck! Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete